Sunday, November 20, 2011

Anawangin, Surprisingly Nice!

                                                       Anawangin From A Distance.

It's time to make another post again and document my life as a traveler.For this entry, it will be all about my trip in Anawangin ,Zambales. A month ago me and my co workers decided to take a break from the drama and the stress of the Operating room and have a little getaway of our own. At first caramoan easily popped into our minds, but after extensive decision making and considerations we ended up in Anawangin. I had heard lots of raves about this place.Every travel blog that i visited always have Anawangin in their checklists on "places to go", so it would be just fitting to explore this place ourselves.
Me On The Hill
I just recently sold my Dslr cam so its just me and my nokia n8 this time. I arrived at our meeting place in Victory Liner Caloocan around 5:30am. We bought the 8am ticket to San Anton , Zambales. The bus left at around 8:30 am (typical filipino time) and arrived in San Anton around 11am. After shopping for some food, water and other island essentials, off to Pundaquit we went!
Sunset At Anawangin
At Pundaquit you can see other island like Capones.We waited around 15 min for the boat.Luckily, unlike the boat ride in Caramoan, it only took us 30 minutes to be in Anawangin. To tell you the truth, i did not expect the place to be this great! The colors of the mountain were painting-like.The view was simply breathtaking!As usual, the camping ground were crowded with tent that reminded me of the "all soul's day cemetery situation",tents all over the place.It took us some time to find a spot rest in.
The Quest For The Hidden Falls


Hill climbing is the first one  in our "things to do" list. Climbing the hill was hard work but attainable.The view of anawangin is for you to savour once reached the upper part of the hill.I can still feeling the wind blowing at my face and the sun's ray touching my face while i'm typing this entry. The view from top was the "cherry" on top for me!
After the climb...we decided to have a dip on the beach!I personally enjoyed it a lot! The waves were gigantic and kit only made the experience more exciting!It was really a good time for us and i slowly felt the stress running away from my body.
On our second and last day we decided to look for the mythical falls of anawangin.Some says that its there but it's not. We tried looking for it for hours and failed.We ended up experiencing the river's cold water instead just before we take a shower and leave!!
The River
With Mam Hope , My Co-OR Nurse At Jose Reyes
Anawangin is definitely a must see!I must say one of  my memorable trip this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment